PA State Parks & Forests
- 22 waterfalls along the Falls Trail at Ricketts Glen State Park in Upstate PA
- Endless Lake Erie horizon on the beaches of Presque Isle State Park
- Breathtaking fall foliage of the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon near Williamsport
- Cherry Springs State Park in Coudersport
- Jennings Environmental Education Center in Slippery Rock to spot the rare blazing star wildflower
- Elk State Forest and around the Elk Country Visitor Center near Benezette
- Delaware River Water Gap in the Pocono Mountains
- Youghiogheny River at Ohiopyle State Park in the Laurel Highlands
- Bald Eagle State Forest near Bellefonte
- Cook Forest State Park in Cooksburg
- Susquehanna Water Trail near Harrisburg
- Kinzua Bridge State Park Sky Walk in McKean County
- Hickory Run State Park’s boulder field in the Pocono Mountains
- Forbes State Forest in the Laurel Highlands
- Parker Dam State Park near Clearfield
PA State Museum
The State Museum of Pennsylvania is a non-profit museum at 300 North Street in downtown Harrisburg, run by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania through the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission to preserve and interpret the region’s history and culture.
The museum includes a multi-media planetarium, as well as four floors of exhibits and displays covering Pennsylvania history from prehistoric times through current events.
PA Heritage Areas
- Oil Region National Heritage Area
- Lumber Heritage Region
- PA Route 6 Heritage Corridor
- Endless Mountains
- Lackawanna Heritage Valley
- Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor
- Schuylkill River National & State Heritage Area
- Susquehanna Gateway Heritage Area
- Allegheny Ridge Heritage Area
- Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor
- Rivers of Steel National Heritage Area
- National Heritage Road Corridor
Fishing in PA
Fishing Locations in Pennsylvania
- Lake Erie connected to Detroit and Niagara Rivers
- Susquehanna River connected to many well-known bodies of water such as the Chesapeake Lake Bay, Otsego Lake, and the Wiconisco Creek (No. 10).
- Lake Raystown in Entriken, right outside the central part of the state.
- Kinzua Dam in Warren County, Pennsylvania
- Monongahela River in the south western part of the state and flows nearly 128 miles.
- Ohio River
- Penns Creek in State College, Pennsylvania
- Youghiogheny River in the Southern western part of the state and ranks among the top trout fishing waters.
- Slate Run
- Wiconisco Creek in Central Pennsylvania, approximately 20 miles north of Harrisburg, flowing over 42 miles long.